This Moss Stitch Baby Blanket Crochet Pattern is a free and easy crochet pattern that is very quick to make. Make scarves for the whole family (and yourself!) ROW 10: With White, work SC, CH 1 into each chain one space across the row. Im Jo, the designer behind Jo to the World Creations, and Im dedicated to helping you make the perfect crochet gift! Yarn: One skein of Pound of Love by Lion Brand in Pastel Green (100% Acrylic, 16oz / 454g, 1020 yds / 932 m). This blanket pattern is easy to memorize with a four-row repeat that creates a reversible texture. This is a reversible pattern, meaning that both sides of your work, the right and wrong sides, are identical. Uses one skein of DK weight yarn. Check out our irish moss stitch baby blanket knitting pattern selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. Designed by Jenny Watson for West Yorkshire Spinners. This Double Moss Stitch Pattern is a simple pattern that adds great texture. Keep scrolling, its up next! The body is knit in the round in one piece and sleeves are added. sts - Stitches. Because this stitch alternates knit and purl stitches on all rows, it easily lies flat. Add the pattern to your basket. Much appreciated. The skein weight is 16 oz / 448 g and a skein has 1020 yds / 932 m. Even after completing the whole blanket I still had yarn left. Read In the Loop Knitting's Data Privacy Policy, All links on this site are for informational purposes, but please note that some links to stores are affiliate links - and I thank you for patronizing those stores. Its even machine washable and dryable, a must for a baby blanket! Sizes S / M / L / 1X/ 2X / 3X. Turn and work in the back loops of each of the 7 SC you just made. Do not modify, copy, sell or share as your own any parts of the website. *In the next gap space from the previous row, SC (gap space created). Become a Member, Helping You Make the Perfect Crochet Gift. Select among seven blanket sizes and have fun knitting up your new heirloom today. Happy knitting! Just minus 4 or 8 stitches for a smaller size or add 4 or 8 stitches for a larger size. After the last corner (and after TR in the next st), *in the next st, SC. Posted on Last updated: February 18, 2023. It's a lovely, simple stitch that is very beginner-friendly, which is complimented by the textured border. Round 2: Repeat round 1. Follow the instructions from [ to ] a total of 4 times (working around the blanket). Weave in all ends with a tapestry needle. Follow along with the video or see the full pattern below.NOTE:I tried to keep this pattern as simple as possible so I have kept the instructions the same for the left and right borders. One-third in the first two and the rest with the other two colors. love this stitch and I have not ever seen your measure item beforewhat is it called and where did you get it? Also available on Etsy, LoveCrafts, and Ravelry. Pattern includes instructions for 4 different styles of blanket: Garter stitch blanket, Square pattern blanket, Blanket with Irish Moss Stitch Borders and Diagonal garter blanket. For other blanket sizes, please see yarn amount and pattern specifics in the above post. Charts Chart A is knit flat; charts B through F are knit in the round and represent one-quarter of a full round -- therefore, work each row four times to reach the end of round. Designed by Stine Radicke for Hobbii. Great showcase for self-striping yarn. Matching set of baby headband, baby booties, and child cardigan knit in a 4 row repeat moss stitch variation. Just 2 Purl, 2 Knit which creates a really nice effect that looks like bobbles. Dont skip any parts of the pattern and make sure you do not accidentally lose or add additional stitches to the pattern. Hi, Im Louise Bollanos the designer and creator. Daisy Farm Crafts 2023. Crochet Baby Blanket Pastel Wave Free Pattern, Crochet Headband With A Twist Free Pattern. If you want to support my work, join me on Patreon and if you would like to have additional sizes in the pattern, please consider purchasing the ad-free, printable PDF that you can find here. If you enjoy making this Moss Stitch Baby Blanket Pattern, you may also like these crochet baby blanket patterns: Click on any image above to view the free pattern. . Pullover sweater with lace diamonds of moss stitch and stockinette triangles. At the corner, 3 SC into corner st. SC into each st across the bottom. For this pattern, I used Pound of Love by Lion Thread. Mass production using this pattern is not allowed. Its buttery soft and really easy to use. DK weight yarn. Working down the side of the blanket and into the gap spaces at the ends of each row of the blanket body, SC evenly down the side. Then "check out" without payment to get the link to download the pattern. Don't skip any parts of the pattern and make sure you do not accidentally lose or add additional stitches to the pattern. Sk the 1st st (the st attached to the ch). Weekly news, free patterns, tutorials, and more. CH 2 and turn. * Repeat from * to * across row until last gap space. Im very proud of myself and being able to create beautiful things, Hello Nicole, Ch 1. Thank you for sharing that you are enjoying this pattern, it is a very useful piece. It uses only simple chains and single crochet stitches . Updated 12/23/2022. Pictured projects by unpicker and designer. Round 1: When you finish your last two rows of White on the blanket, chain 2 and start working down the side, working a SC, CH 1 at the end of every other row. Browse more free patterns and crochet gift ideas. I made this blanket with Red Heart With Love yarn, which comes in so many beautiful colors! Make sure the price is 0. Working up the side of the blanket and into the gap spaces at the ends of each row of the blanket body, SC evenly up the side. Iris Stitch Free Crochet Pattern. Quick and easy sweater knit with a 4 row repeat double moss stitch. This 4-row repeat knit stitch pattern is a variation of the Seed Stitch and has a really great texture. *Don't forget to pin and share! Knit Stitch Patterns. #kcdesign, Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Superwash Worsted Bare, Cabling without a cable needle picture tutorial. Note: At this point you can either cut the Blue yarn and leave a long tail to weave into the blanket later, or you can bring it with you as you work the next row in White, by laying the Blue across the top of your work and crocheting over it as you go. The pattern comes with plenty of video tutorials to guide you along. 1 x 50g ball of yarn suitable for 4.5mm (US 7) knitting needles. Check out my entire library of free stitch patterns! Designed by Knitatude / Chantal Miyagishima. Sorry, you have Javascript Disabled! *Ch 1. A variation on the Seed and Irish Moss stitches,this Double Moss Knit Stitch Pattern is achieved with a4-Row Repeat Knit Stitch Pattern created with a simple combination of knits and purls. Border Rounds 2 & 3: Ch 1 and turn. In the next st, SC (gap space created). (91.5 (96.5, 106.5, 119.5, 137) cm). Baby cardigan sweater knit with a 4 row repeat moss stitch. The hat is made with simple stocking stitch, both finished with rib trims for a snug fit. Please, read the instructions carefully. This incredible deal includes my Paw Print Coasters, Pillow, Blanket and Love Mat patterns as print-ready PDFs that you can instantly download for one low discounted price. Credits Tech Editors: RedSquirrel and FirSprite Stitch Muse: the very talented Annie Maloney (mzannieknits) who always inspires! and is free with registration at Annies. The updated pattern file has been uploaded to Ravelry and updates sent out to all purchasers. Designed by Arty Lou. Worsted weight yarn. Heres more info on how to block your work. CH 1 and turn. Hello Hannah here, with a baby blanket sized version of our classic Modern Moss Stitch Blanket! Lapghan Size (36" x 48") required 8 balls of this yarn brand. A little quicker than a purely single crocheted blanket, the linen stitch still provides a solid and modern-looking fabric, safe for those little baby fingers. Requires 4 balls Baby Blossom DK Shade 351, Blanket w. Irish Moss Borders measures: 24 x 30 (61 cm x 76 cm). * Repeat from * to * until the corner. Your email address will not be published. Border Round 6: (Note: in this round (only), instead of working into the opposite st, you will work into the same st i.e. Baby Hat Knitting Pattern. Work 1 sc into each of the last two sts of the row. In the next st, TR* repeat from * to * until the corner. My sample pictured has 28 stitches cast on. Thank you!This post may contain affiliate links. Curvy cardigan sweater featuring double moss stitch panels framed with chain link cable from Barbara Walkers A Fourth Treasury of Knitting Patterns. Designed by Rachel Sgaard for Filcolana. The Moss Stitch Pattern. For an easy beginner project try out this free dishcloth pattern - Irish Moss Stitch Dishcloth Knitting Pattern. If you would rather knit with worsted weight #4 yarn, you may follow this pattern by knitting double-stranded to achieve the same bulky gauge. However, you can easily substitute the original yarn for Drops Paris or Rico Creative Cotton Aran. A slipped-stitch border is added around this centrepiece, followed by the narrower cable band. In the next st (the top of the last TR from the previous round), SC. An interlaced Celtic heart surrounded by a narrow Moss stitch border forms the centrepiece of this blanket. Worsted weight yarn. Those are all 100% cotton yarns, available in a great variety of different colors. * Repeat from * to * until 1st st made. Take a look around at all the fun, quick and easy crochet patterns that make useful and unique crochet giftsyoull want to keep for yourself! Note: Repeat pattern between the * *asterisks. My Moss Landing Blanket Knitting Pattern is an easy knit and purl design great for beginners. This crochet Moss Stitch Baby Blanket is perfect for any gender. Requires 4 balls Baby Blossom DK Shade 350, Finished object photo is the style Blanket with Irish Moss Borders. In simple terms, the color pattern I used is 9 rows Blue, 1 row White, 3 rows Blue, 1 row White, repeat. Begin knitting the bottom border with 8 Rows in Garter Stitch. At each corner, 3 SC into corner st. More sizes are available in the PDF pattern. Hooded double-breasted baby cardigan with matching mittens and booties knit with a 4 row repeat moss/Irish moss stitch. If you enjoyed making the dishcloth, Id love to see yours on Instagram, be sure to tag me @handylittleme. Knit flat in two pieces with collar picked up. Check out our irish moss baby blanket pattern selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. This is a great blanket pattern to start with if you are just learning to crochet! If you want a project that will keep you busy during the summer, it is just the moss stitch crochet blanket that you need to make. Row 3 (CC): Change the yarn color. If youd like to knit your blanket in the exact same yarn, please see all local and online buying options for Cascade 128 Ravelry here >. Blocking helps you achieve flat corners and straight edges and helps fix uneven stitches. 26 or 66 cm (approximately 94 rows in total) or your desired height. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. If you are on Facebook, stop over to thehandylittleme Facebookgroup and share a photo. To make the height of the blanket bigger or smaller, make more or fewer rows. However, the British Moss Stitch is similar to the Seed Stitch in a two-row repeat. *In the next st, TR. The linen stitch is very basic, so it's left up to the . At the corner, (TR, SC, TR) into the corner st. After completing the border, you may want to block your finished blanket to help shape it properly. Designed by Caron. This is a crochet pattern for baby size. How To Knit The Linen Stitch (Tutorial + Pattern). Cast on knitting stitches onto your needles in multiples of 2. This listing is for the knitting pattern for this baby blanket. However, you can use any type of fiber you like. You may also purchase my ad-freeKnit Stitch Pattern Bookin both hardcopy and e-book formats. Love knitting blankets? Row 3: Ch 1 and turn. It is simply breathtaking. Turn and work the SC back up to the edge. * Designed by The Lonely Sea. Find my entire library of Knitting Techniques to help knit up this project. Here is a video that shows how to work the stitches for the main part of the blanket and the border: Thanks so much for visiting our blog, I hope you enjoy this pattern! Baby hoodie cardigan jacket knit with what looks like Irish Moss Stitch. Work 1 sc into each of the last two sts of the row. CROCHET HOOK: 6.0 mm crochet hook or the size needed to obtain the gauge. Row 2 (WS) K6, sm, *K1, P1 rep from * to last 6 sts, sm, K6. (Last st is a TR. Hat in six head sizes and two crown options knit with cables on a double moss stitch background. The C2C Moss Stitch Baby Blanket is a mindless, no counting crochet pattern that will be cherished for years to come by the recipient. Unsubscribe at any time. Rated easy by Ravelrers. Share what you made by tagging @jototheworldcreations in your posts. Sizes Adult Small (Medium, Large). No Blocking Required: You may wish to block your work. Your email address will not be published. However, it actually looks great and is ready-to-use hot off your needles. In the next st, TR. Or use regular straight US 10 needles.